Top 10 Best James Bond Cars
- 10/15/2012 |
- by Karl Brauer |
- Karl on Cars / Weekly Top Ten
The history of James Bond's cars is nothing if not colorful. Early vehicles, like a Sunbeam Alpine and Bentley Mark IV, didn't diminish 007's image, but the Aston Martin DB5 that debuted in Goldfinger set a new standard that has yet to be eclipsed. The DB5's sleek profile can stand on its own, but throw in oil jets, machine guns and an ejector seat and you're left with a Bond icon so powerful they've brought it back for the modern movies. In-between the DB5's reign a collection of mostly British iron, including an Aston Martin DBS and Lotus Elise, was offset for a few years by BMW models like the Z8 and 750iL. The modern Bond has reverted to Aston Martin as his vehicle of choice, a brand that just seems like the proper 007 tool for thwarting baddies.
The new Aston Martin Vanquish will debut in Bond's upcoming movie, Skyfall, next month. A stunning vehicle to be sure, but according to Total Car Score's readers the classic DB5 is still the coolest Bond car ever (I happen to agree). Below is the list of Top 10 Best James Bond Cars as chosen by our Facebook fans.
1. 1964 Aston Martin DB5 (Gold Finger)
2. 2008 Aston Martin DBS (Quantum of Solace)
3. 2002 Aston Martin Vanquish (Die Another Day)
4. 1977 Lotus Esprit (The Spy Who Loved Me)
5. 1997 BMW 750iL (Tomorrow Never Dies), 2001 BMW 750iL Shown
6. 1987 Aston Martin V8 Vantage (The Living Daylights)
7. 1995 BMW Z3 (Golden Eye)
8. 1999 BMW Z8 (The World Is Not Enough)
9. 1967 Toyota 2000 (You Only Live Twice)
10. 1962 Sunbeam Alpine (Dr. No)