- What personally identifiable information of yours we may collect from you through our Web Site.
- How we may use your personally identifiable information.
- Limits on how we would share and disclose your personally identifiable information.
- Our policy regarding links to third party web sites.
- Security of our Web Site.
- How you can correct and update your personally identifiable information.
Information Collection and Use
You can generally visit our Web Site without revealing any personally identifiable information about yourself. However, to access certain options and services we may ask you to provide certain personally identifiable information and without providing such personally identifiable information, you may be unable to access certain options and services. We (along with our third party partners engaged to provide marketing and advertising on our behalf) collect personally identifiable information about you only if you voluntarily provide it to us and you have the option not to provide any personally identifiable information to us. The following is personally identifiable information that you may voluntarily provide to us and how we use it:
- Surveys and Sweepstakes or Contests. Information obtained from you on web surveys and sweepstakes or contests, such as contact information (name, telephone number, email, address, etc.), demographic information (zip code, age level, etc.) and financial information. We may use this personally identifiable information to provide you with information and services for which you have expressed an interest or that you may find useful based on your answers in a survey, sweepstake or contest. We might also send out e-mails to users and sweepstakes or contest entrants to announce special offers, services and announcements from our Web Site and/or our advertisers. Additionally, we may refer to your personally identifiable information to better understand your needs and how we can improve our Web Site.
- Newsletters. Information obtained from you from your request to subscribe to a newsletter, such as contact information (name, email address, etc.). We may use this personally identifiable information to deliver the newsletters that you have elected to receive. We might also send out e-mails to announce special offers, services and announcements from our Web Site and/or our advertisers, or other information responsive to the data you provide us. Additionally, we may refer to your personally identifiable information to better understand your needs and how we can improve our Web Site.
- Registration. Information obtained from you on registration forms used to process your requests for services and information, such as contact information (name, address, email address, etc.), password, username or code, age, date of birth, gender, ethnicity and financial information. This registration information may also be gathered if you register for certain services via fax or mail. We may use this information to send you a welcoming email to verify your username and password, Web Site updates, special offers, marketing and promotional materials, advertising messages, or other information responsive to the data that you provide to us. Additionally, we may refer to your personally identifiable information to better understand your needs and how we can improve our Web Site. You may log in to cancel any user name and password that you may have selected or that we may have assigned. If you cancel your registration, we will retain your email address, user name and assigned user ID on file and use them for the purpose of assuring you are not automatically registered again.
- Email Content to a Friend. Information obtained from you regarding friend or family name and email address, if you elect to use our referral service for sending some of our Web Site content to friends and family. We may use this personally identifiable information to automatically send the friend or family member a one-time email inviting them to visit the Web Site. We may store this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email.
We may combine personally identifiable information that you provide to us online with outside records to enhance our ability to market products or provide services that we believe may be of interest to you. Additionally, we may share your personal information with third parties who may choose to contact you to promote their own goods and services. If you want us to stop sharing your email address with third parties or if you do not wish us to share information with companies who would otherwise contact you at your mailing address, you may notify us in writing by sending a notice to
Total Car Score, LLC
2390-C Las Posas, Suite 418
Camarillo CA 93010
Or contact us here: www.totalcarscore.com/contact. You may also elect to stop receiving email messages from TCS (other than transactional messages relating to any accounts you may have with us) by notifying us here: www.totalcarscore.com/contact.
If the email address you provide to us is a wireless email address, you agree to receive messages at such email address from TCS and affiliated entities (unless and until you have elected not to receive such messages by notifying us here www.totalcarscore.com/contact. You understand that your wireless carrier's standard rates apply to these messages. You represent that you are the owner or authorized user of the wireless device on which messages will be received, and that you are authorized to approve the applicable charges.
In addition, we may use information you provide us through emails, surveys, blogs, forums, in response to polls, or through any other user-generated submission for editorial purposes, and may use your name and any stories you provide us in articles published online and in our Web Site. Please be advised that any such submissions become the property of TCS and may be used by TCS for any lawful purpose. If you provide us with personal anecdotes, they may be attributed to you. TCS can edit, delete, rewrite, use, and reuse the content, including your name, likeness, photograph, and biographical information you provide, in any way and in any media whether now known or invented in the future, with or without attribution, including publication on this Web Site, in magazines, and in trade media, and advertising. You agree that any content you send us will not violate any rights of any third party and that you will only send us content for which you own the rights.
TCS is the owner of all information collected on this Web Site.
You must be 18 years of age or older to submit registration or survey information. If you are under the age of 18 and wish to register to obtain further information or be included in a survey, then your parent or legal guardian must register to obtain the information or to participate in the survey.
Cookies, GIF files and Location Based Features
In addition, TCS and our advertising companies may use web beacons to help manage our online advertising. These web beacons enable TCS and our third-party advertising companies to recognize a browser's cookie when a browser visits this Web Site and to learn which banner ads bring users to our Web Site and to serve you ads that you may find of interest elsewhere on the Internet. TCS and these advertising companies may use information about your visits to this Web Site and other web sites on the Internet in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
This Web Site may use pixels, or transparent GIF files, to help manage online advertising. These files enable us to recognize a unique file on your web browser, which in turn enables us to learn which advertisements bring users to our Web Site. A transparent GIF may enable us to relate your viewing or receipt of a web page or message to other information about you, including your personal information.
Some of our applications and mobile-optimized sites may have location-based features. For those features, we will collect your geographic location and, depending on the application, other information you provide us to enable you to enjoy the service being offered. For example, we may offer shopping features that allows you to get information about local merchants or features that allows you to locate nearby sights and destinations. We will use your location to serve relevant content, and your information may be shared with third party retailers and other facilities as applicable to allow you to take advantage of the particular service being offered.
Log Files and Aggregate Information
We may track the total number of visitors to our Web Site, the number of visitors to each page of our Web Site, IP addresses, and the domain names of our users' Internet service providers, and we may analyze this data for trends and statistics in the aggregate, but such information will be in aggregate form only and it will not contain personally identifiable data. Such aggregate information is not linked to any personally identifiable information that can identify any individual person.
We may use such aggregate information to analyze trends, administer the Web Site, track user's movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. We may share this aggregate information with our corporate partners and contracted vendors to assist us in operating the Web Site and to enable them to better understand TCS's business.
Sharing and Disclosure
Links to Third Party Sites
TCS and its third party providers may employ procedural and technological security measures, consistent with industry practice. Such measures are reasonably designed to protect your personally identifiable information from loss, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. TCS may use encryption, password protection, secure socket layers, internal restrictions and other security measures to help prevent unauthorized access to your personally identifiable information.
User Names and Passwords
Some areas of this Web Site require you to select a user name and password. Users will be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any user name and password, and TCS will not be responsible for any misuse of any user names or passwords by any third party, whether authorized by a user or not.
California and Canadian Users and Visitors of this Web Site
California and Canadian residents have the right to know how their information may be shared with third parties who engage in direct marketing activities and this policy explains our practices and how you can opt out of having your information shared for such purposes. From time to time TCS may make our user lists available to companies that sell goods and services that we believe would be of interest. We may compile these lists from visitor and user registration both offline and online. Visitors and users have the option of having their names and identifying information removed from those lists (subject to certain exceptions and limitations by applicable laws) by contacting us here: www.totalcarscore.com/contact, or, in the case of information you have provided to us offline, by sending a current mailing label or copy to:
Total Car Score, LLC
2390-C Las Posas, Suite 418
Camarillo CA 93010
If you enter a contest or sweepstakes sponsored by a third party, information may be shared with that third party for their use in their discretion, including direct marketing.
Correction/Updating Personally Identifiable Information
TCS provides you with the ability to review and correct any of the personally identifiable information that you have provided to us. If you wish to correct any information provided to us, you may update your contact information directly by accessing your account or registration or you may contact TCS. You may also "opt-out" of receiving emails and other communications from us by using the unsubscribe feature included in the emails we send.
© 2012 Total Car Score, LLC. All rights reserved.